Thursday, May 21, 2009

Stolen Joy

Are you like me? When things in life are going well and you are so happy your heart nearly bursts, do you have a tinge of fear about something awful happening?

For years I just brushed off the feeling as 'guilt' for having it so good at the time, or maybe a lack of trust that the smooth ride would continue for any length time.

I now realize that someone was stealing my joy. And I was allowing it to happen.

When God blesses us, He wants us to rest in His Peace and rejoice in contentment. Whether we worry or not about what tomorrow will bring, tomorrow and its season still comes. The only difference is that we've wasted the precious calm time to replenish our spirit, and are not as capable of handling the next opportunity that comes our way.

Next time a feeling such as this passes over you, recognize that your joy is being stolen. Don't willingly give it up. Own it, and be thankful for it.

1 comment:

~Sandy said...

Another great post!!! You always have the words I need to hear. I'm going trough some storms called In-laws right now and I'm trying so hard not to let them bring me down and still my joy. I know that Satan has a way of getting us in our weakest point...mine is family aka In-laws. This is a great reminder to keep moving forward and looking up regardless of the reasons I think I shouldn't. Thank you for sharing!