Friday, January 30, 2009

An exciting life?

I was reading a blog earlier (One day at a time), and Mrs Sandy mentioned that it surprised her that people took interest in her day to day life. Compared to the experiences of other blog writers, she questioned what made people read and comment about her life.

I, for one, am fascinated by the fact that Mrs Sandy is a foster parent. Her ability to divide her time and love with so many little ones, and mold them into confident members of society....all the while continuing to nurture the family she gave birth to, is an adventure in and of itself. The lessons and perspectives gained by such selfless actions are what draw me to that particular blog.

Emily has travelled on a rough road that began as pain, torment and anguish....but has allowed her sadness to turn into joy. I am enthralled by the Grace she has shown in the midst of a pain that is beyond my comprehension.

Sunshine is timid and yet so full of life. Her story may not seem 'made for Hollywood', but her spirit shines through as she speaks of the love she has for her family.

Bestill has found a way to share her praises through fears and uncertainty. I am encouraged by her words and thoughts that are so freely shared.

S.Sarah's blog was one I stumbled across as I read comments on another. I believe I was led to her blog to offer some words of comfort and possibly a friendship. I see her reaching out, and I know that Christ would grab onto her hand....so I did too.

All of us at some point or another feels insignificant in this world....like our experiences and 'talents' are of no use to anyone else. God feels different. He uses us in ways that sometimes we don't see the ripple effect, or the outcome of our obedience to His Will. Sometimes we are blessed to see the fruit of our actions.....which serves to remind us that our thoughts, words and deeds have the potential to reach far and wide.

My story has many elements to it, and each experience was essential for me to come to know Christ in a personal way. He knew me from before I was formed, and He also knew what was necessary for me to endure in order to 'hear' him. He was there for me when I turned my back on Him so many times.....His free Grace saved me from myself. Because I am forgiven much, I chose to love much. How can I withhold love, when Christ gave it so freely?

There is no such thing as a 'boring' life when Christ is at work within. In fact, there is no such thing as a boring life even when you don't know Christ....because He knows you! I am privileged to know some of you as well.

3 comments:

~Sandy said...

Awwwww thanks for sharing my blog:) I really appreciate it. It is amazing how many wonderful people you can meet out here in the blog world. Until a few weeks ago I didn't even realize that you could add the followers application and once I added it.I was amazed at how many blogs are out there. It was like opening up a new world and I've been out visiting around,and just kept stumbling over some really neat blogs...that's how I found you((((hugs)))).
I look forward to getting to know you better. I'm excited that our paths have crossed and thanks for sharing your blog with me.
Hugs, Sandy

Emily said...

Oh Sarah,

I think you think much too much of me. But I adore you nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Emily completely. However, please on the same token, don't ever sell yourself short. Each of us has something to offer and I receive things from you I could never receive from anyone else. It's the all being members of the same body, Ya know? As for God loving us, I read this today and then I read your blog and had to share. http://lotsofscotts.blogspot.com/2009/01/crazy-love.html