Monday, February 23, 2009

Confession

First I'd like to share a recent family picture. Here's my 'crew':
___________________________________________
Now for the confession part......


On Saturday I had a coffee.....with cream.
Let me justify--err, explain! You see, it was my birthday and my husband took me out for a really nice dinner at my favorite restaurant. We had a lovely time talking and enjoying each other while the children spent time with their favorite babysitter.

Our son Alec began having trouble with his blood sugars (he has type 1 diabetes), and we had a few calls throughout our dinner from the concerned babysitter. His sugars were not rising like we wanted them to, even though he was receiving a huge carbohydrate load.

We decided to pick him up and take him with us for our 'dessert' part of the birthday outing. We stopped at a local Tim Hortons (donut shop)....and their black coffee tasted less than desirable (cream covers a lot of nastiness...just thought you'd like to know). Anyway, I decided because it was my special day, I would treat myself to a single shot of cream in my coffee.


I went ahead and took a sip of the very thing I've been avoiding for two weeks....and it was not good! Oh my! Cream now tastes really thick and takes the 'coffee' taste away from the drink. I decided not to finish the cup.

Could I really be starting to like black coffee? Is that even possible?

There you have it. I'm not perfect (shock!) and can never stick to any routine for longer than a couple weeks.

Alec continued to have difficulties with his blood sugars that evening, and it's becoming apparent that he's coming down with some kind of cold or flu. I just hope that it's a short lived ailment. I'll stick to black coffee for the time being...but only if it's strong coffee.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

yay! I can finally comment on your blog. There was a few days that it wouldn't let me for some reason.

Anyway....love the picture! You are beautiful!
Glad you and your husband got out together and enjoyed some time alone.
And I cannot believe you actually starting to like black coffee.:)