Friday, February 20, 2009

My kids wear hole-y pants

Yep, I allow my children to wear pants that have holes in them. They do have one or two pairs that don't have holes, but they have far more pairs that expose skin right around the knees.

When this first began happening, I would try to sew up the offending area on their jeans. This proved to be futile, as they would spend the next few days picking at the stitches and complaining that it 'felt weird'. They would eventually come home with an even bigger hole in their pants.

My next move was to have them wear long johns underneath the jeans (in winter). Apparently this is not 'cool', and was causing more problems than solving. I also attempted to add patches to the knees but for some unknown reason, both boys gagged at the thought of wearing cute little hearts over the gaping knee holes.

So, as it stands now, my children (mainly the boys) wear hole-y pants to school. I refuse to spend more money on clothes that barely last a month.

I'm hoping to cut these pants into shorts for the summer....let's just hope that's 'cool' enough for them! I'm so thankful that my girls like to wear dresses.

No comments: