Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Break

It always begins the same way. Bickering. Lots and lots of bickering. I'm sure the teachers all pick this particular time so that they can get away from the irritable kids who are tired of such a long winter!

We had over 12 inches of snow a few days ago. It all fell within 2 days, and covered up all the promising patches of spring grass that were beginning to show. We had our hopes up that this year we would have a dry, warm Easter to hide eggs outside. As it looks now, those hopes are dashed.

(Doesn't that look awful?)


And in comes the bickering. After almost 5.5 months of winter, no one is happy to see it prolonged--especially when there's a week of holidays to be had!



I do my best not to be brought down by others' negativity, but my energy stores are depleting quickly. I spent this last week watching my niece and nephew, and I'm starting to wonder how I survived when my kids were small! Why does it seem so much harder when it's other's children?

On a positive note (yes, there are a few of those), the chives that the young children and I planted in mini planters are starting to grow just above the surface of dirt! For anyone who knows me in real life, this is a HUGE feat. I have dubbed myself 'the black thumb' because of years of issues with gardening.



I have cried over many flowers, plants and trees that I have unintentionally killed....so these little sprouts of hope have my heart leaping for Joy! If you feel the urge to laugh at me now, just wait until you hear about how I sing to these little signs of life. I even talk to them.

Okay, maybe I'm a bit over-zealous about these plants, but they give me a reason to get up (early) each morning. (even I am laughing now!)



I pray that God has some amazing things in store for this coming week. I will be watching 2 nephews and my niece along with my four kids.....7 kids, 2 adults.....I believe in miracles!!!!!

3 comments:

G. L. said...

i have never seen that much snow in my entire life! what state are you in?

Blameless said...

Not a state....a province....up here in Canada, LOL! I've seen this much before, but I'm over the excitement by the end of winter.

G. L. said...

oh oh, i see. that makes sense! i'm from north carolina. so you can understand my amazement!! LOL!!