Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Will Eat Chocolate Today

It's inevitable. Although it's technically for the children, I always find reasons to join them in the beauty of chocolate-eating.

And I pay the price.

Today in Church we heard about the empty tomb. Christ was no longer held prisoner by death, but overcame the power of sin and death to free us from our own tombs. The Tombs that were sealed closed by the boulders in our lives that are too heavy for us to roll away.

I can remember a lesson Christ taught me shortly after my experience with the Holy Spirit. I had (for a long time) thought that God sent His only Son to earth so that He could relate better to His creation (us). I viewed Jesus' temptations and hardships as a 'reality' check for Him....a chance for God to know just how hard this earthly life really is. (wow, writing it out I can see how lost I was...)

It was when I took some time to focus on His sacrifice on the cross that my eyes were opened to the Truth of God's Love. He sent His Son for us to relate to Him, not the other way around. God didn't need to send Christ, He chose to send Him....and let us crucify Him....because He loved us, and we needed to learn how to love Him.

Jesus didn't need to move the stone away from His tomb when He rose from the Dead. He could have walked right through that rock, just as He did to enter the room where His disciples awaited Him. No, He chose to move that large stone for our benefit; so that we could be witness to the foundation of our faith--the risen Lord.

God continues to move the large stones in our lives in order for us to see Christ and His Good works. Today I am praising Him for opening my own tomb so that I may live in Him.

God Bless and Happy Easter!

No comments: