Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Times, they are a'changin


Have you ever noticed that when you can easily spot problems in others, it's because you are avoiding some of your own?


That verse in the Bible that talks about taking the plank out of your own eye before removing the sliver from your brother's kind of hit home for me tonight. And I have absolutely NO clue why.


I don't think I've been overly 'meddling' in anyone's life (of course I should probably ask those close to me to get a reality check), and I really don't feel I'm obsessing about another's problems...but I have a nagging feeling that maybe I'm too focused on pointing out the blemishes of my neighbours, when it is me that harbours the troubles.


The truth is I know I'm about due for another one of God's 'pruning' sessions. I fully know the Joys of coming out the other side of His handiwork....but the journey to get through the muck is not one I look forward to.


I want the Lord to continue to mold me and shape me to reflect His love more accurately, I really do! However, growth is always accompanied by growing pains.


Maturing in Christ is not easily treated with Tylenol or ice packs....for the pain a servant endures must reach the heart in order to be most effective. I wish I wasn't so hesitant to go through the trials--that my Faith was so strong that I could confidently look these tests face-on without flinching.


But that's not me. I tremble inside as I contemplate the circumstances that will inevitably come my way. Ones that have the potential to cut away the cinicism and negativity in my life. Will I accept the challenges? Will I cower away and miss an opportunity to know Jesus more deeply?


For now I will enjoy the peaceful rest that God has provided....and refuel with the Spirit for the plans He has ahead.....for we all know that worry doesn't add a single day to my life.






2 comments:

G. L. said...

wouldn't it be nice if they DID make a spiritual tylenol... for all the aches and pains of life? haha

i pray for rest, peace, and faith for both of us....

ps- i love that wrap/sweater/thing (don't really know what you call those)

Blameless said...

Well technically Jesus IS our 'tylenol' for the aches and pains of spritual growth...but sometimes He's a hard pill to swallow when you'd rather be prideful. :P

I call the wrap thing a Poncho...even though it's more of a sweater-ish thing, lol! I live in it for Spring and Fall. :)