Monday, June 1, 2009

Beep.

From a low point on the weekend, to a renewed strength in the Lord....what a wonderful feeling to rise out of the valley and experience even a moment of pure joy and laughter!

Alec, my son whom I have been praying for and crying out for Mercy for, was used by God to touch my heart this evening.

Preparing for bed, he suddenly remembered a homework assignment that was over due that he hadn't completed yet. I told him he could do it early in the morning, as it was already late and he needed rest.

Without my knowledge, Alec snuck out of bed and found the duo-tang for his homework. It was his reading log, where he records all the reading he has done for the month, then reflects on his effort in a letter to his teacher.

As I sat down to drink my tea and watch a movie, I notice this strategically placed duo-tang next to the love seat. I didn't look through it until the movie had finished (by the way, "Taken" with Liam Neeson is an AWESOME movie!).

When I flipped to the back to check his spelling, this is what I found:

"Dear Mme. (teacher),

This month I read a Pokemon Poster 4 times and read a Lego magazine 1 time. The Lego Magazine I think is adventure. The Pokemon Poster was just boring. Whoops...almost forgot I also read "Oh the thinks you can think" and it was fiction. I finished all the books and posters. My favorite book this month was the Lego magazine because I like Lego. I feel like I did good this month and I'll try to read more next month then I did this month. My goal for next month is to read a little bit more. Bye.

Please leave after this beep.

beeeeeeeeeeeeepppp.

Your buddy, Alec.

I have not laughed so hard in such a long time....and tonight's tears were of joy and complete love for a beautiful blessing from God.

Beeeeep.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Thats awesome!! What a fun personality he has.

~Sandy said...

That was really good!!!! I bet it did make yu laugh:) Kids come up with such intresting things to say.
Hugs, Sandy

G. L. said...

i think i would like this little guy... sounds like me at his age...


ps. taken is brilliant. LOVE it.