Friday, May 29, 2009

Not so chipper today


Today was Alec's diabetic check-up (he goes once every 3 months), and the results were not good.


His A1C's (the average level of sugar in his blood over a period of 3 months) were sky-high, yet his records show that we had some good management at home and at school. Coupled with some persistent symptoms, the doctors and I agree that his Thyroid is acting up again.


He has not been well. It's time for us to treat his Hyperthyroidism with radio-active iodine....killing the gland so that it can no longer negatively affect his diabetic care. This is the logical next step for him, and he'll feel a whole bunch better once he's done.


My mind understands this, but my heart is breaking in two. This treatment will completely kill off a part of his body. He will depend on a pill (as well as insulin) for the rest of his life....just to function normally.


I cannot ask God the question, "why Alec?"


....I know that His answer is, "Because I see around the corner of this trial, and you all will come out stronger."


God knew this was coming, and He knows the rest of Alec's story. Please pray that I will find Peace and rest in it during this storm.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I will pray for you and Alec as you go through this trial together.

~Sandy said...

You & Alec are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry you are going through this storm.
Big hugs, Sandy

Blameless said...

Thank you ladies! God is faithful. Always had been, and always will be. Hallelujah!

Lindsay said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Sarah. May you and Alec find strength in this discovery. Thinking of you, Lindsay