Sunday, September 13, 2009

What's new?

Last Wednesday was the first day of school where we live. It was the day I planned to regain some of my sanity after a summer full of trials!
I looked forward to some moments of quiet, where I could organize the house without too many interruptions. I'm sure the kids were equally relieved to be around their friends again and back to a routine away from siblings.




When Kalyna returned home from the walk to drop off her older brothers and sister at school, she promptly lay down on the couch and said, "Now I get the sofa ALL to myself!"

Of course, I had to take a picture of the moment.




Alec was not happy to wake up so early in the morning.....but after a nice warm bath, he was eager to head out the door to greet his new Teacher!





Annlise has been 'playing' school all summer long. She kept a better countdown calendar for the first day of school than I did! I was not surprised to find her already dressed when my alarm went off at 7:00 am.

She didn't have to leave the house until 8:15, but her excitement made it hard to keep her in the home for that long!






And here we have Ethan. Yes, he's in a cast. Again. Last Monday he was playing on a friend's trampoline and the friend fell on top of Ethan's knee. It bent sideways. And hurt. A lot.

He's in a half-slab cast until Tuesday, when we'll find out if he gets a full length cast. The Doctor suspects he broke his growth plate in the knee, but we have to wait for the swelling to go down before we can determine that.

What a way to start school, eh?
We were able to get away for one night this summer. We went to an indoor splash park and bought some baked goods from the local bakery. I had to take a shot of this particular dessert that Alec picked out....he has wanted a dog for so very long, but we have family that are allergic to animals....so instead of caring for one, he decided he should at least be able to EAT one.

*ahem* Only my kid.




It was yummy.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

What an adorable little doggie! To match your more-than-equally adorable kids! I love how Annlise is so excited for school, and remember feeling the same way. Do you remember that too Sarah? Picking out that special outfit? Bringing all your new supplies with you? It must be so nice to see in now through the eyes of your children. Happy autumn!!

Emily said...

How exciting the first day of school is. All the new crayons and pencils. I love how your little princess was excited to have her throne all to herself.

Blameless said...

Emily...she loves being able to go into her sister's room now without being screamed at. :P

Lindsay, I DO remember that feeling...but I was not nearly as eager and excited for the actual work! LOL

~Sandy said...

The pictures are great!!!! I remember the 1st day of school when I was a kid and it was always sooooo exciting! I hope your little boy is healing up well. ((hugs)) Sandy