Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Does Eternity scare you?

Depending on the day and the thoughts surrounding me at the time, it scares me.

The funny thing is, death doesn't scare me. I mean, the process of dying makes my skin crawl, but the actual passing-over-to-the-other-side does not phase me in the least. It used to, but God's hand removed that fear....which is a whole 'nother post.

Okay, back to Eternity.

Here's what I know:

There will be no more tears.
No more sadness.
All the loved ones that I miss so terribly will greet me with open arms.
The streets will be paved in gold with diamonds and rubies and all those other gems adorning their edges (or something along those lines).
I will not want to leave this new world where there is no more illness, no more death, and no more anger.
My room will be in a great mansion with more comforts and riches than I'll ever know this side of Heaven.
I will no longer hunger nor thirst, and the sun will continuously shine upon me.

Best of all....I will meet Jesus face-to-face!

How in the world could I possibly be scared of such an awesome place? Here's my train of thought when the uneasiness hits:

Eternity is a loooooong time. What if I get bored?

Seriously. That's the aspect that I can't get my mind around, and thus, it scares me.

Of course, the alternative scares me waaaaaay more than Eternity, so I'll take the risk of being bored over dying a second death!

2 comments:

~Sandy said...

No way!!!!! I look forward to that glad reunion day!!!! I just hope that I can live long enough to get all my children grown. I think leaving them scares me the most. Other than that, I'm ready to go home.

Blameless said...

I have no doubts that 'boredom' will be eliminated along with the sadness and fears...but my teeny, tiny, human brain gets overwhelmed with details sometimes, lol.

I'm looking forward to my home-coming too!