Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Husband Love

There were times in our relationship that I couldn't imagine loving my husband more than I did in that moment. My heart burst with adoration, passion, and overall joy as I would gaze at him and marvel at the thought that he was a part of me. In those moments, I knew the true beauty of what God intends marriage to be.



If everyday could be that way, I guess I might be tempted to take these blessings for granted. Thankfully, God allows a little bit of human reality to seep into these blissful times, reminding us both that marriage is not just feelings, but work. The work always pays off, but you have to be willing to put in overtime--even when the other is 'slacking'.



My marriage is not 50/50. We strive for 100/100, with both of us committing ourselves to giving our all to each other. Of course we don't always reach that goal, and sometimes the effort looks more like 90/30....or even 25/75, depending on what stresses we are allowing into our lives.


When we do reach that perfect equilibrium, nothing compares to the pure exhilarating happiness that we both feel.


I have grown in my understanding of love in the 11 years we have been married. I now know that I can still love my husband even when I don't like him. You see, liking is a feeling. Loving is an action. I choose not to name-call (or throw things) when he is behaving in a less-than-desirable fashion, and that is loving. I know the regrets of following through on my feelings will be far worse than swallowing my pride in the moment.



I have been more than blessed with plenty of opportunities to test my love for him, and overjoyed with the rewards of choosing to love instead of 'being right'. (Of course there are always those times when being right is just inevitable....as I am always right)



Arnaud has always been able to make me laugh. I hope I never stop laughing at his antics!



These are some small glimpses of why I love my husband so much. And why I am so thankful to God for bringing him into my life.








Loyalty to friends.

He still sings in the rain!


He is not above embarassing himself.



How can you NOT love a face like this? LOL!


God bless!



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You are amazing Sarah, that husband of yours is one lucky guy! And thanks for always being so inspiring.