Thursday, August 13, 2009

Good times

For the last 10 days we've been practicing our hospitality for my husband's best friend (for over 20 years) and his 2 year old son. They travelled all the way from France to the middle of nowhere (for them), just to spend their vacation in our little home, with our not-so-little family.

We took them to the popular hotspots of our quaint little city, as well as to some spots we haven't even been to in the 10 years we've lived here as a family!

We shared some laughs, some tears, and some good old-fashioned silliness....mainly at the expense of my husband--who apparently did many embarassing things as a young teenager. That's what good friends are for, right?


The timing of this visit was perfect. My husband has been missing his friends and family back in France....and it felt like France had come to us!

The children were all enjoying using their French again, and learning new phrases to take back to school with them. We were able to teach little Simon a few English words as well--"Cool!" and "I love you, eh"--the most important phrases while visiting Canada.

Here are some photos of our time together. The Lord surely blessed us with good fellowship and a renewed sense of contentment.














3 comments:

Emily said...

French guys are pretty hot :)

Glad you guys had a wonderful visit.

Lindsay said...

How nice Sarah! And what beautiful pictures of everyone!

Blameless said...

Thanks Linsay!

Emily, you made me choke on my saliva....LOL! I think one particular French guy is pretty hot...but I'm biased. ;)