Saturday, January 30, 2010

Puppy love






















Literally.




God works in mysterious ways. I have been adamant for the last 10 years that my home will not be occupied by any large animals. I guess God figured I was being a bit too stubborn...and I realize that He was right--again.







Kipper ('Kip' for short) was adopted on January 25 from our local Humane Society. She has already found a lasting place in all of our hearts...and I am grateful for the way she is helping Alec to heal from some of his hurts.









God could not have picked a better behaved puppy for us to love on! She came to us almost fully house-trained, and has the most gentle demeanor I've ever seen in a dog!




At 3.5 months old, she is already nearing 25 pounds....I have a feeling she is not going to be a lap dog when full-grown.



1 comment:

G. L. said...

how cute!!! i have a HUGE black lab (but she is solely outside... has never even been in a house except for when she was born) and you make me want to get another one for inside! :) im glad she's good for alec, especially.

"kipper" i LOVE it. :)

ps- i thought you would get a kick out of how crazy southern people are. it snowed 4-6 inches this week in NC and our schools were shut down for THREE AND A HALF DAYS. can you believe that?? i had a friend up north tell me they have a snow system, if its 1-5 inches you leave 30 min early, 5 or more inches, you leave one hour early, but nothing is ever shut down. :)

i guess we're spoiled. :)