Wednesday, June 2, 2010

God has such a big job to do

Do you ever feel like you would like to save the world?

I have moments when bright ideas pop into my head, and I think to myself, "If I did this, the world would be such a grand place to live!"

That's when the details of actually accomplishing these far-fetched goals bog me down, and the reality of just how many obstacles are in the way prevent me from even starting.

I had a revelation the other day, and I'm sure it was from the Holy Spirit, that I'm not God.

Seriously. That's what popped into my mind. I'm not God.

Duh, right? Well, when further contemplating this revelation, I came to the conclusion that I don't have to see everything through to the end. If I use the talents that God gives me to begin a good work, and the goal is a God-centered one, then He will see it through to the end.

Those obstacles? Way too big for me...but not even close to stopping God. I don't need to have solutions right now for what has yet to happen. I need to trust that God will provide the answers to the impossible.

I'm glad I'm not God. He has SUCH a big job to do!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So true, so true. We are the vessel, He is our captain. A boat doesn't steer itself and neither should we!