Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Stress


I'm not stressed. Right now.


I have experienced a lot of stress this year. It has caused me to reflect on the important things in life. I have learned that stress can be felt in different doses, and it can cause the most sane person to behave irrationally at times.


It is not benign.


Stress doesn't usually bring about positive feelings. I think it most closely resembles anger. Sadly, when let loose, it tends to have a domino effect on our loved ones.


How often do you admit to one another that you are stressed? How quickly are you able to pinpoint that you are not in fact angry, but rather you are stressed?


I've been learning through these past few months that when I used the proper term for my feelings ("I'm feeling really stressed with the work I have to get done") as opposed to anger ("Don't you see I am working and have deadlines??!!?!), I tend to get along better with those I care about most.


It doesn't necessarily take away my stressed feelings, but it does prevent further stress by preventing the domino effect.


I have always said that there are reasons for every season of our lives, and for every circumstance there is a lesson to be learned. I sense that experiencing this stress now, and learning coping mechanisms, is to better prepare me for the teenage years to come.


I pray for all who are experiencing stress right now, that they may know Peace in their hearts...in the midst of the chaos.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You sure are right my dear. Everything happens for a reason and just like my father always used to say "if it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger". We all have the power to learn from such lessons.

It's so nice to see you back!! :-)

~Sandy said...

Just stopping by your blog to catch up with you. You are in my thoughts & prayers. (((hugs)))