Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bigger is not always better

And longer is not always more interesting!

Here's a short post.

My bedroom is rarely tidy. The bed gets made, and the clean clothes are in drawers...but it's the room that becomes the catch-all for 'stuff'. The top of my dresser has three distinct areas: Jewelry, books and magazines, and husband's worn-but-not-dirty clothes.

The rest of my house (including all four kids' rooms) is tidy and organized. I spend most of my energy on these areas, and at the end of the day, I just don't have the energy to tackle my room.

Today it hit me that this routine reflects my attitude in life. I make sure everyone else's space is liveable and comfortable, while sacrificing my own. I do put others first, and that's okay--even commendable; however, God wants me to do this with thanksgiving in my heart, with a 'tidy' and comfortable refuge to fall back on while refueling the Spirit within me.

I am going to make time to refuel in my life. It may (or may not!) start with a tidy bedroom.

1 comment:

Emily said...

My room is always a mess. Since painting it, I have made sure that I pick up each night and vacuum each morning and clear the dresser. Use to be able to go months without seeing enough floor to vacuum!